EcoMom Alliance®

Week 2 Challenge: What nutrition plan or advice do you follow to support your health and wellness goals?

To reply to this and other discussions be sure to sign in and Join the Group!

Just getting started? Be sure to Join the Go Green Get Fit Challenge Group and participate in each of Our Twelve Weekly Challenges. Each week, your reply to our weekly challenge discussion question of the week will earn you participant one entry toward our Grand Prize drawing for over $250 worth of eco-fitness gear from our Eco-Fabulous Sponsors on September 9th, so be sure to answer each question to increase your odds of winning! And be sure to log your entry via Facebook. Not on Facebook? Enter via Rafflecopter.

And don't forget to keep up with our Bloggers' Go Green Get Fit Journeys too! They are an amazing group of dedicated women and we're ecstatic that they've joined the challenge!

Tags: fit, get, go, green

Views: 162

Replies to This Discussion

I have always believed that the first step to health is eating whole, local, unprocessed food.  We stick to organic foods whenever possible, especially fruits and vegetables, avoid GMOs, preservatives, artificial colors/flavors/etc. and keep it as fresh as possible. It can be challenging some nights since we prepare all of our own meals rather than relying on processed freezer/canned/boxed foods, but I believe that my family is healthier because of it. I also concern myself less with the nutrition panel (calories, fat content, etc.) and focus solely on what ingredients are in our food. On top of not eating out a lot and being conscious of what's in our food, we also do a few possibly unconventional things:

1. We drink kombucha almost daily. Kombucha is full of probiotics, B vitamins and enzymes to promote health.

2. We take probiotics

3. We include a high level of Omega 3 fatty acids in our diet

4. We get SUNSHINE when we can, and take a high level of vitamin D when we can't.

5. We don't take prescription drugs unless it's extremely necessary.

This may seem strange, but my family has enjoyed a very high level of health and I believe that it's due to me being conscientious of what is going INTO our bodies :)

I'm currently following Weight Watchers to lose the baby weight.  But my tips are simple ones--drink enough water, fill at least half my plate with fruits and veggies at each meal, and eat a plant-based diet whenever possible.  I'm not totally veg, but I lean that way, and would take the plunge permanently if my husband would come along for the ride.  I also participate in a "detox" of sorts twice a year where I eliminate meat, dairy, caffeine, alcohol, processed foods, and common digestive irritants like nightshade veggies, etc., and eat a vegan diet for ten days. It always helps me get back on the right track when I've been eating more poorly than I should.  

Stop eating sugar! Our bodies do not need it. If you are addicted, try to stop eating it, if you can't stop then seek help. Sugar is one of the most unhealthy things you can put into your body and it WILL cause you much harm. 

Sugar is my bane.  Lately in my efforts I've found that if I have some fresh strawberries and blueberries on hand, I won't snack on chocolate chips or other sugery food.  Also, I use Agave Nectar instead of sugar.  It's twice as sweet, all-natural, un-processed, and low on the glycemic index.

My tip is that I avoid pasta and white breads. 

water over juice, and focus on lean protein

I have been trying to eat less processed food and more fruits, vegetables and nuts. I also have been trying to drink lots of water and just be more aware of what I am putting in my body.

As a mom of 3 kids and little one its hard to follow a nutrition, i always try to have enough veggies and fruits, protein and water. 

Drink more water!  As simple as it sounds, it's so easy to forget and not always easy to get in all the water you really need.  You have to stay hydrated as well as flush your system.

live a vegetarian and organic lifestyle and many of your health problems will resolve on their own!  i know this from personal experience!

Share EcoMom® Alliance with Friends

Bookmark and Share

Just Label It

© 2018   Created by ShopGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service